XboxOttawa.ca Forum Index XboxOttawa.ca
Uniting Gamers, and Home of Fire Team Charlie

Updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmoose
member/sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Updates Reply with quote Back to top

Introduction

Henceforth I shall call this the update thread. I wanted to create this to get all the information given by Benny in one little neat package. Basically from now on if there's anything new by Benny or Andrew they can post here, instead of us looking for it all over the place. Curt can even post his new beats. Whatever as long as it's worthy it can go in here. (Can even be considered a little FAQ)

Fire Team Charlie Wikipedia

The Fire Team Charlie wikipedia consists of episode summaries and character profiles. Don't understand an episode, want to read up about the characters go there.

A Glimpse Of The New Series

Ahh now to the exciting part so far little is known is about the series except:

Benny wrote:
a lot of violence and swearing, fart-jokes and beer-drinking... and a lot of trips to green base to fuck up their stuff.

Well there is a little more besides the obvious. The characters will live in a Gulch, with plenty of vehicles, similar to that of the video game Halo, but not replicas. The series will be in a 3D cartoon made with the animation program Maya, with a toon style like 'Chicken Little.'

Each character will be differentiated by each individual weapon. The models will have no mouths (as benny is a cheapskate, ahh just joking) as it would require to much effort to lip-synch. The Halo models never had mouths who needs them now. Head bobbing action all the way.

Benny wrote:
I doubt we will be able to make an episode a week, but maybe 3 a month... we may decide to make a 2hr movie..really we dont know much at this point. Andrew gets back in a month, im sure ill have more denfinite things to say then.
Andrew is back but all has been quiet on the front. Hopefully there will be some substantial news when Andrew can get a job at the local supermarket. Seriously good luck with the whole engineering thing.

It is unkown whether it will be a continuation of the current plot or a new story entirely but what we do know, it will be with the characters we know and love. The creators have been very secretive and hope to here more from them soon.

A Glimpse of the New Models (Not a %100 complete model)

Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size

Close Up On Hands is 404
http://www.hansensurf.com/files/images/t_3574.jpg

Madda Cheeb

The Madda Cheeb is a lovable mascot of the Fire Team Charlie Crew. Over the years The Madda Cheeb has gone through many variations thoughout the Fire Team Charlie games and animations. The latest model of Madda Cheeb can be seen in retro Hop 'n' Bop Challenge. Great game, you'll get plenty hours of fun out of it. Since all the animations are going to be made in Maya, maybe we might see Madda Cheeb join the world of Johnathan and co. Who knows, I made that up in my head right then.

Donations

Remember don't be a cheapskate. Benny put alot of effort and love into this, meaning he needs money you poor basatrds. A simple payment can be made once the donations area comes back online. Five dollars can go a long way.

Fell free to edit, half the time I didn't know what I was talking about.

Original Music

Since Benny and Curt are talented musicians they've decided to make their own music for previous and future episodes.

FTC 14 - Johnny Fight Theme
http://www.xboxottawa.ca/music/jonnyfighttheme.mp3

FTC 16 Theme
http://xboxottawa.ca/music/FTC16theme.zip

Update #1

Andrew wrote:
so where are we at then? Well, my girl is starting teachers college this week, Ive found an apartment downtown and should be moving in in the next couple of weeks and the job search is slow but moving along. Ben has been working away with different designs and models, there have been lots of different variations, and the animations are great. I'll tease with some pics but who knows if you'll ever see any of this, its all practice for now. First pic is from last year, second is from early summer

The Teasers

Image of Models Last Year

Image of models Last Summer

Update #2 - Andrew's woes, The J . O . B

Andrew wrote:
trust me, no one is more frustrated right now then I am. I would spend every free minute that I have working on FTC right now if I had a job to pay the rent/bills, but the sad fact remains that until I have a J . O . B I cant put the necessary time for FTC or I'll never be putting in the time to get employed. But Ben is still working away, here's one of his latest works, this is just showing some of what he can do. I wish I had more to tell you, I really do, all I want to be doing is working on FTC, its been a long time for me too you know

The Teasers
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/5vz4M_72l4E

Looks awesome

Update #3 - Shenanigans

Andrew wrote:
well, to add an update I suppose, Ive been working on updating the site for about 2 months I guess, there's a lot Im trying to do in the backend and Im no pro so its taking a while to find all the bugs and try and iron them out, but I had a MAJOR breakthrough last night with the content handlers and file permissions. That leaves only a few major things to accomplish before the site relaunches (actually it would be a re-re-relaunch, yes, the 4th launch of XBO) which involve automatic donation/subscriptions (which is in a working ok but not great) and then the general beautification of the site, cleaning up some fucking messy CSS and hopefully having it look the same across the major browsers (F-U IE6, you know Im talking to you)

Update #4 - New Things

Andrew wrote:
we've got a few things going on. The website is getting overhauled. Ben's work on new videos is coming along nicely. We even got aproached to create some machinima for a serious website and a marketing firm. Where it all goes no one knows, thats FTC. And some teasers cause its been awhile since I posted anything new for you guys to look at. (the grainy images are because I saved them in a small "for the web" format)

Last edited by xmoose on Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:55 am; edited 10 times in total

freomaniac23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GJ moose. Sums it up for zeh newbs.

http://paddywillyoushutup.blogspot.com/
Pwalex wrote:
Freo is right.

andrew
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I havent been quiet Cool OK, maybe a little, just not much to say on the FTC front just yet, and this was mentioned this a while back:
lumpunzik wrote:
Andrew's back

Santa wrote:
From S. Korea? I did not know that.

andrew wrote:
yup, getting a job comes first, FTC will soon follow

freomaniac23 wrote:
what? just go on welfare... lol what sort of work are you after?

andrew wrote:
something in my area of education, engineering physics, which means based on the local market I'll probably end up working for a high tech firm, but I'm looking at engineering consultants and energy businesses first

so where are we at then? Well, my girl is starting teachers college this week, Ive found an apartment downtown and should be moving in in the next couple of weeks and the job search is slow but moving along. Ben has been working away with different designs and models, there have been lots of different variations, and the animations are great.
Wanna Join the Official FTC Clan? Read This.
Lots of questions? Read the FAQ. Click Here.
What's your IP address? Find Out Here
Please use the search button. Please!

Last edited by andrew on Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

xmoose
member/sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Edited First Post. All I can say is awesome. The ones from last Summer are coming along nicely. Can't wait for more updates, feel free to post anytime.

freomaniac23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol I guess the only way to get updates out of the real creators is to make up your own update

Pwalex wrote:
Freo is right.

andrew
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if you noticed freo, there was no update, just centralizing of info thats been around for quite a while, you really are as dense as pwalex points out eh? Laughing
Wanna Join the Official FTC Clan? Read This.
Lots of questions? Read the FAQ. Click Here.
What's your IP address? Find Out Here
Please use the search button. Please!

freomaniac23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ouch. Laughing
yes there was, we saw new pics and got you out of your closet.

Pwalex wrote:
Freo is right.

patd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hooray! screens! everyone loves screens. and the mc models look fs. but i think that some of the episodes should still be on the original halo. i like halo 1. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pwalex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What the hell is FS? WHy do I keep seeing it being used all of a sudden? And why the hell do you want them to keep using Halo 1? Halo 1 and Halo 2 for machinima are old news. No one cares anymore. They have been completely overused and there is nothing original left to do with them. Plus, the expansion of a machinima series into full-blown animation is incredible! So be supportive instead of undermining Benny's incredibly hard work. He's been working on learning all of this for over a year now.

patd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pwalex wrote:
What the hell is FS? WHy do I keep seeing it being used all of a sudden? And why the hell do you want them to keep using Halo 1? Halo 1 and Halo 2 for machinima are old news. No one cares anymore. They have been completely overused and there is nothing original left to do with them. Plus, the expansion of a machinima series into full-blown animation is incredible! So be supportive instead of undermining Benny's incredibly hard work. He's been working on learning all of this for over a year now.

"fs" is "f*cking/freakin' sweet" and only i use it.

what i meant was that the story would still include halo 1 maps and weapons. in the computer animated stuff. where will hang em high mountain be? and sidewinder? and the gravity rifle?

and benny's art is awesome. i never said anything about not using it. do you think i'm a complete jerk?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pwalex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I don't think you're a jerk... Rolling Eyes

Firstly, I think it's already been said that the series will be in the same locations... I think that's pretty much a given (especially if we'll be seeing the same characters) but it depends on whether or not the plot brings us back to those places.

And how is using "FS" practical if you are the only one using it? Never mind, don't answer that. I'm not going to bother. This thread is for updates, now let's leave it as such.

SnipingGoldie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pwalex wrote:
What the hell is FS?

Fo' sho' man, fo' sho'

patd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i understand now, thanks.

i'm not usually a jerk, i've just been running on mountain dew and five hours of sleep for the past two weeks; it's starting to freak out my friends.

Last edited by patd on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

freomaniac23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. sleep
2. dont drink mountain dew
3. dont ever say guyfriends again

Pwalex wrote:
Freo is right.

Pwalex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And don't try and make excuses for your actions. It's pointless, and doesn;t make you sound better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    XboxOttawa.ca Forum Index -> FTC Videos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: